The world-famous Sports Illustrated magazine has managed to captivate sports fans across the globe ever since its first issue was published back in August 1954. After spending more than half a century building up its brand and becoming a staple in the sports media realm, Sports Illustrated decided to dive head-first into the bookmaking industry with the launch of its very own SI Sportsbook in Colorado. After a quick stop in Virginia, the brand officially launched in Michigan on September 7, 2022.
SI Sportsbook operates in Michigan under the Island Casino & Resort’s sports betting license, following the closure of TwinSpires Sportsbook & Casino. TwinSpires had served as the land-based casino’s online operator since it first launched in January 2021 but recently pulled out of the sports betting and casino market, no longer providing either service.
As a result, SI Sportsbook took over and is now accepting action in the Wolverine State. The collaboration between the prestigious publication and UK gaming giant 888 is bound to be a fan favorite in Michigan with its sleek mobile app, quality welcome bonus, and countless original features throughout. Follow along with the rest of this review for everything you’ll need to know about SI Sportsbook Michigan!
SI Sportsbook Michigan Promo Code
|SI Sportsbook Promo Code Michigan||Coming Soon|
|New User Bonus||Bet $20, Get $200 in bonus bets if your first bet wins!|
|Bonus Valid||August 2023|
|MI License Partner||Island Casino & Resort|
|Online Launch||September 7, 2022|
SI Sportsbook is live in Michigan and offering all new users the betting opportunity of a lifetime! After creating your account, simply place your first wager of $20 or more with odds of +120 or higher and if it wins, SI Sportsbook will hook you up with $200 in bonus bets! We’ll detail the process down below.
How it works
The SI Sportsbook welcome bonus is incredibly easy to claim. Eligible new users can take advantage of this offer by following three simple steps:
- Head over to the SI Sportsbook app or website and complete the registration process (we’ll break it down in greater detail later).
- Once inside your brand new account, make an initial deposit of $20 or more.
- Place your first bet of $20 or more with odds of +120 or higher and if your bet is graded as a winner, SI Sportsbook will reward you with both your payout in cash and an additional $200 in bonus bets!
This offer is valid on your first wager only. Any bonus bet credits earned will be issued to eligible accounts immediately after settlement and will arrive in the form of eight (8) separate tokens worth $25 each ($200 total).
Always keep in mind that any wagers won using bonus bet credits will only pay out the winnings, never the stake. For example, if a player wagered $25 cash on a team at +100 odds and won, they would get back their $25 stake plus an additional $25 in winnings, totaling $50. If the same bet was made using a $25 bonus bet and won, the player would only take home the $25 in winnings.
Who can bet on sports in Michigan?
Before we detail the registration process over at SI Sportsbook, it’s important to be aware of who exactly is eligible to bet on sports in Michigan. There are a few stipulations for those who wish to place any legal action in the state, starting of course with age.
All players must be at least 21 years of age or older in order to sign up for an account – no exceptions. Every online sportsbook and casino will ask for your social security number in some capacity during registration, meaning there is no way to get around the state’s age requirement.
Players will also be denied access to an account if they happen to appear on any self-exclusion or restricted lists. Online gambling entities take responsible gaming very seriously and will make sure any struggling users with a self-imposed ban are kept away from any sportsbook or casino sites.
The final stipulation is location. Players are not required to be a resident of Michigan in order to sign up for SI Sportsbook or any other operators in the state, however they will need two feet within state lines in order to lock in any legal action. Feel free to register while out of town, check out the app, and maybe even handle some banking needs before you arrive – but know that in order to bet on sports using any of Michigan’s sportsbook apps, you will need to be present in the state.
Signing up with SI Sportsbook
New users can initiate the sign-up process by heading over to sisportsbook.com or booting up their SI Sportsbook mobile app. Once inside either platform, click on the big white button labeled ‘Join Now’. Creating an account at SI Sportsbook is an incredibly simple two-step process that will require users to fill in the following personal details:
- First Name, Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Social Security Number (last four digits)
- Email Address
- Phone Number
After providing the requested information, players will also need to create a unique password and select a security question and answer to ensure they never get locked out of their new account. From there, just agree to a few terms and conditions and once complete, hit the big red ‘Register’ button. If all of your information checks out, your account should immediately be ready for use.
Banking with SI Sportsbook
As briefly mentioned above, all new users that wish to take advantage of that juicy welcome bonus will need to make an initial deposit after signing up with SI Sportsbook. Luckily for them, banking is one of the areas where SI Sportsbook goes above and beyond. The site offers a packed suite of the industry’s best means for sending funds to and from your online sportsbook account and we’ve got them all covered, right here.
- VISA Debit Card: A fast and easy way to upload funds. Unlike other debit and credit cards, players can withdraw funds to their VISA debit card with SI Sportsbook.
- Credit Card: Players can fund their account with any VISA, MasterCard, or Discover credit card. This method only works for deposits.
- Bank Transfer (ACH): Securely log into your online bank account and instantly transfer funds. Don’t worry, your information is always safe!
- PayPal: Use the world’s leading e-wallet provider as a middleman for any transactions you make online. PayPal can store your debit card, credit card, online banking info, and more!
- Play+ Prepaid Card: Having trouble uploading funds using your debit card? Sign up for a Play+ prepaid card and send the funds from there to your online account! After signing up, players will receive a physical copy of their card in the mail that can be used for cash withdrawals at most ATMs!
- Online Banking: Similar to ACH, Online Banking allows players to upload funds using their online bank account. Unlike ACH, withdrawals are not available when using this method.
- PayNearMe: Those who wish to upload cash into their digital betting account can head over to their local 7-Eleven, scan the barcode on their app, and make their payment in person! Once the transaction is complete, your cash will immediately be available for use in your SI Sportsbook account!
As many veteran sports bettors or online casino-goers might be able to attest, not every deposit option offered online also allows for withdrawals. Unfortunately that means certain banking options will require a second method if the player wishes to extract any leftover funds or winnings. Currently, SI Sportsbook users can choose from the following withdrawal methods:
- VISA Debit Card
- Bank Transfer (ACH)
- Play+ Prepaid Card
SI Sportsbook software
Sports Illustrated is able to offer its users two incredible online platforms to choose from, largely in part due to its collaboration with worldwide online gambling leader 888. The SI Sportsbook mobile app and website are the result of the brand’s partnership with 888 and we think it’s clear that SI made the right choice. Follow along as we break down SI’s desktop client and its pair of mobile apps for iOS and Android devices.
SI Sportsbook desktop website
The SI Sportsbook desktop website is a refreshing change of pace compared to the rest of the industry’s offerings. SI users can access the site at sisportsbook.com and will instantly be greeted by a bright homepage complimented by black and red accents throughout. Three small buttons at the top of the site can be used to select your state, switch your odds from American to Decimal or Fractional, or access the SI Sportsbook Help Center. The state selector was one of our favorite aspects of the site, as it can often be difficult to switch between states when placing bets on a computer.
The menu bar on the lefthand side of the SI Sportsbook homepage contains links that will direct players to different areas of the site, including Promotions, Live Betting options, the unique SI Sportsbook ‘BetFeed’, and plenty more. Below that, players will find the site’s top available sports markets along with a detailed A-Z list highlighting all of them. Underneath the A-Z list was another minor but notable feature we enjoyed, a switch labeled ‘Appearance’ that allows players to toggle between Dark and Light mode on the website. Bettors will be hard pressed to find something similar at another book.
Over on the right side of the screen players will find their bet slip, which is where any and all wagers can be managed. Any selections clicked on will automatically pop up in the bet slip and from there, players can enter their desired stake or set up any parlays or round robins if multiple picks are involved. SI Sportsbook has a clever tab located just below your pending picks labeled ‘People who bet on this also bet on…’, which suggests additional plays that might be of interest based on your previous picks. Players can also review any settled or live bets here by heading over to the ‘My Bets’ tab in the upper right corner.
SI Sportsbook mobile app
The SI Sportsbook app does a fantastic job of taking all aspects of the desktop site and packaging them into a sleek, compact, easy-to-use mobile betting platform. iPhone users can download the SI Sportsbook app free of charge on the App Store, while Android users can follow suit using the Google Play Store.
The mobile app can be navigated by using the four tabs at the bottom of the screen and the pullout menu located in the upper lefthand corner. The pullout menu is a mobilized version of the big menu on the left side of the desktop site, featuring links to Promotions, Live Betting options, SI’s BetFeed, the Perfect 10 contest, A-Z sports markets, and even the state selector! Players can also change their odds format from American to Decimal or Fractional and switch between Dark and Light mode using this menu.
As far as the four tabs go, players can return to the homepage at any time by clicking on Home. The ‘Live Now’ tab is the mobile hub for all in-play betting needs, featuring the biggest live events sorted by sport and league. The ‘Search’ tab is fairly self-explanatory, as players can head here, type in any team or sport, and automatically be directed to any relevant markets. Lastly, players can click on ‘Promotions’ to view any live offers that are currently up for grabs. SI Sportsbook has been active in the promotional department since its launch, offering specials like bet insurance and various bet-and-get opportunities.
All in all, the mobile app runs well, has fast load times, and never experiences any lagging or crashing. It’s easy on the eyes and contains sharp graphics throughout. SI Sportsbook also offers way more customization options than its competitors and that alone bolsters the overall betting experience when using the app.
SI Sportsbook betting options
The betting options on offer at SI Sportsbook are plentiful, with everything from a standard moneyline bet to a multi-leg teaser up for grabs. In order to view the available betting options for a specific game or event, click on the matchup and a full menu of different ways to wager will appear. Each matchup will also have its own ‘SI Parlays’ tab, which contains various pre-made parlays suggested by SI. Most of the bigger events listed on the site will offer the follow sports betting options:
- Moneyline bets: Bet on who you think will win the game. No point spreads involved.
- Spread bets: Contrary to a moneyline bet, spread bets involve a fixed number of points one side must win by.
- Totals (over/under): Wager on the total number of points scored by both teams.
- Player props: Bet on player-specific performances, such as a player to go over or under 100 rushing yards.
- Parlays: String multiple bets together for the chance at a much higher payout – but all legs must hit or you lose!
- Bet Builder: SI Sportsbook’s take on the popular Same Game Parlay betting format.
- Teasers: Essentially a parlay that pays less, but also lessens the player’s risk by allowing them to add extra points on the spread of each pick.
- Round robins: A series of smaller parlays made from a larger list of a player’s selections. The more picks that hit, the higher the returns can get!
- Live betting: Missed the start of a big game? No worries! Players can now get in on the action after the first pitch, tipoff, or kickoff already took place! But be sure to be on your toes – live betting lines move fast.
- Futures: Wager on a team to win it all or a player to win MVP in their respective league. Your money will be tied up for quite a while, but the payouts can be lucrative!
SI Sportsbook available sports markets
As one of the biggest names in sports media, there was never any doubt that Sports Illustrated would be lacking in terms of its sports markets offered. The site is packed with anything from NFL to handball, and everything in between:
- Australian Rules
- Baseball (MLB)
- Basketball (NBA, NCAAB)
- Football (NFL, NCAAF)
- Hockey (NHL)
- Motor Racing
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
SI Sportsbook promotions
SI Sportsbook is fairly active within its promotional department, offering players a rolling schedule of different ways to earn extra incentives. Whether it’s wager insurance or a bet-and-get opportunity, active users will have plenty of reasons to keep coming back. Simply head over to the ‘Promotions’ tab at the bottom of your SI Sportsbook mobile app to view all of the site’s ongoing offers, which have included the following:
- Gridiron Futures Bet-and-Get: Wager $25+ on any NFL team to win the Super Bowl and get $25 in bonus bets! Players can also wager $25+ on any NCAAF team to win the National Championship and receive an additional $25 in bonus bets.
- Insurance Runs: Bet a 3+ leg parlay (min. odds +300) on MLB for $10+ and get back $10 in bonus bets if your wager is a bust!
- The Big Fly: Place 3 bets of $10+ on MLB games each week and get a $10 bonus bet, win or lose. Earn an additional $10 bonus bet for your 5th, 7th, and 10th baseball bet of the week. There is a total of $40 up for grabs each week with this offer!
- Third & Long: Place a 3+ leg parlay (min. odds +300) on the NFL or NCAAF on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday and get a $20 bonus bet if you win! Players can take advantage of this promotion three separate times each week by placing a parlay on all three days – there is a total of $60 up for grabs!
- More For Your Money: Get bonus bets each day by wagering on SI’s select markets:
- Bet $20 on UFC, get $10 in bonus bets win or lose.
- Bet $15 on soccer, get $5 in bonus bets win or lose.
- Bet $10 on at least 3 tennis markets, get $10 in bonus bets win or lose.
- Bet $15 on F1 motor racing, get $5 in bonus bets win or lose.
SI Sportsbook also offers a free contest to all of its active users, known as ‘Perfect 10.’ Players can simply sign in to their account, click on the ‘Perfect 10’ tab in the dropdown menu, and pick a side against the spread on all 10 games for that week. If you go 10-for-10, you’ll split the 10k prize pool with any other players who did the same. And here’s the best part – any player who correctly selects six or more games will receive $1 in bonus bets per pick. It’s a fun, free, and easy way for players to stay involved with the site and maybe even earn some extra incentives along the way. The ‘Perfect 10’ contest is an incredibly unique offering and one that we can confidently say has never been done before.
SI Sportsbook customer service
SI Sportsbook has a loaded suite of customer service options available for any players in need. At the first sign of trouble, we recommend all users browse the site’s extensive FAQ section, which can be accessed by scrolling to the bottom of your app and selecting ‘Online Help.’ If you’re unable to find the answers you are looking for within the FAQs, scroll below them and select ‘Contact Us.’ This will open up an email form in which players will be asked to fill out the following information:
- Category for your issue (Deposit, Games, Registration, etc)
- Your email address
- Subject and Description of your issue
- Additional documents or images
After you submit this form, one of the many helpful customer service representatives at SI Sportsbook will get back to you shortly. We’d definitely like to see some sort of live chat option added in the near future for time-sensitive issues.
SI Sportsbook FAQs
Below are some of the more common Frequently Asked Questions regarding SI Sportsbook Michigan.
Yes, it is! SI Sportsbook officially went live in Michigan on September 7th, 2022.
Yes, of course there is! New users can take advantage of a lucrative welcome bonus courtesy of SI Sportsbook when they sign up using our promo code, SI200. Scroll up for full details on the site’s current offer!
No, you do not. Players are not required to live in Michigan in order to register for an account with SI Sportsbook, however they must be physically located inside state lines at the time of wagering.
Yes! SI Sportsbook offers its active users a packed promotional schedule featuring different ways to earn extra incentives. Whether it is a bet-and-get opportunity or wager insurance, SI Sportsbook has a promotion for everyone!
Unfortunately, not at the moment. While online casino play is legal in the state of Michigan, SI Sportsbook will only be offering sports betting for the time being.
SI SPORTSBOOK SUMMARY
SI Sportsbook is an exciting new platform brought to you by the iconic sports magazine Sports Illustrated and worldwide iGaming operator, 888! Michiganders will surely enjoy adding this product to the mix, as SI Sportsbook steps up to the plate with its promotions, banking options, betting menu, free contests, and plenty more!