PointsBet Casino Michigan Promo Code & Preview
PointsBet, the Australia-based gaming company touting its innovative new app and online platform, is making many strides to expand their operations in the U.S. Its latest foray is into Michigan online betting market, where it gained approval to go live in with both its sportsbook and new online casino on Jan. 20, 2021.
Earning a solid reputation for being customer-focused and driven, PointsBet has so far focused on growing its sportsbook, but is making moves into the regulated online casino market in Michigan, New Jersey, and other states where online casino play is legal.
Potential PointsBet Casino MI Bonus
As the PointsBet casino hasn’t gone live in MI yet, we can only speculate about what the bonus might look like.
|PointsBet Casino Promo Code||Live in 2021|
The majority of casino bonuses on betting sites and apps are intended to entice prospective customers to sign up, so many only apply to first deposits and new users. A few of the more common bonuses available with online casinos include:
- Deposit match bonuses, wherein the house will match a user’s first deposit up to a certain percentage and dollar amount. For example, a common match bonus is 100% up to $500, meaning users can deposit $500, and the operator will credit another $500 in betting cash to your account. There are often wagering and deposit requirements for these match bonuses, such as a 5x play-through, so don’t forget to read the fine print.
- Free betting cash is sometimes rewarded to new players who have just created an account. This cash isn’t tied to a deposit, and often comes in the form of small denominations of bet credit. Think of it like a few free $10 chips that you can’t cash out, but can win money on.
- Free spins: Many online casinos have jackpot wheels that users can pay to spin, giving them a shot at a sizable payout. A common welcome offer is a deposit match bonus with a number of free spins tacked on.
- Cash refunds: This is sometimes referred to as “risk-free” betting. Essentially, some operators will extend this limited offer to new users for a few days or a week, comping you credits for your losses up to a certain dollar amount. For example, a $100 “cash refund” or “risk-free” week would refund users up to $100 in lost bets until seven days pass or the cap is reached, netting users up to $100 in site credit that they can wager on the games of their choice.
- Other promotions will pop up from time to time for both new and existing customers. Be on the lookout on PointsBet’s promotions page for extras that users can earn to add more betting cash to their wallets or take a bit of risk off of your wagers. PointsBet is pretty creative and generous with their bonuses.
There is also a rewards program available with PointsBet, netting users loyalty points for every dollar they spend on the platform. At the moment, this rewards program only pays out for sports betting, but it’s no stretch of the imagination to figure that PointsBet will link up their casino platform with the loyalty program for extra benefits like cash back rewards and exclusive promotions.
Who’s Eligible to Play on PointsBet Casino?
When PointsBet Casino goes live in Michigan, it’ll fall in line with most of the expected rules and regulations that we see in comparable states. As a rule, no online sportsbooks or casinos can offer wagering services across state lines, so all users playing real-money casino games on PointsBet Michigan will have to be physically located in the state. You’ll also have to be of legal gambling age, which is 21 in the Wolverine State.
In order to verify the above, users on all devices including desktops will have to share personal details including the last four of their SSN to prove their age and identity. Additionally, mobile devices and desktops will need to use location services or a plugin to verify that the devices are only being used to wager within state lines.
When you open the app or desktop site after signing up for a PointsBet casino account, make sure that you’re sharing your location via your phone settings, or you won’t be able to place a wager.
How to Sign Up with PointsBet Casino MI
Registering an account with PointsBet casino should be relatively easy, following much the same process that you’d take for signing up with the existing PointsBet Sportsbook. There’s a small catch when you’re downloading the app for your preferred device, though:
- Android users will have to download the APK file to their device by visiting the PointsBet casino MI website on their preferred smartphone or tablet. From there, Android users can install the APK and use PointsBet– don’t forget to enable the installation “from an unknown source” when prompted. This app is regulated and safe, so feel free to download it.
- iOS users can simply find the PointsBet casino on the App Store and download from there.
- Desktop users will have to share their location through their web browser when playing, but won’t have to download any extra software.
Once you’ve identified on your preferred platform but before beginning your registration, click the links on this page to make sure you get your promotional bonus offers. From there:
- PointsBet will check your location to make sure you’re in an eligible state. Make sure you’re registering for the right state!
- Fill in your preferred email and any sign up codes you may have.
- Enter your personal details, including last four of SSN, your cell phone number, and your address. This is all done to verify your age and other details necessary for legal wagering.
- Confirm that you are 21+ and tick all the necessary boxes. Then, just tap or click “Join PointsBet” to be on your way.
Once you’ve signed up and you’re ready to make your first deposit, don’t forget to check on available welcome offers for new players. The sign-up code for the welcome offer should autofill when you’re signing up for your new PointsBet account, but it’s always a good idea to double-check that you’ve opted into a bonus before making your first deposit.
Speaking of deposits, it’s always a good idea to get a feel for what payment methods might be available for adding funds to or withdrawing from your online casino account. The following methods are expected to be available with PointsBet Casino in MI:
- PointsBet Mastercard
- Online banking
- Cash at Cage in participating casino locations
- Online banking
- Cash at Cage in participating casino locations
Of course, PointsBet is a growing enterprise, and it’s always possible that new payment methods will be added or existing ones changed with the release of the service in MI. Check here and on the PointsBet MI banking page for any updates to payment methods.
PointsBet Michigan Game Selection
Before choosing any online casino, it’s a good idea to get a feel for the games selection and what might be available to you.
For example, if you’re a fan of craps, you may want to mosey over to an online casino’s table games page and check, because not all online casinos offer the game. At the moment, we don’t have a solid idea of what casino games will be offered by PointsBet MI, but their partnership with the local tribal authority means they’ll have a wealth of casino experience to benefit from. Here’s a breakdown of the common kinds of games available at your typical online casino:
Slots are often the best moneymakers for a casino as well as a great way for beginners and tourists to try their hand at a simple chance-based game. For these reasons, slots are often the most numerous game type you can find with an online casino.
Look for jackpot slots which offer high payouts (for a big buy-in) that progress as users play– much like a Mega Millions Jackpot, but spun on a wheel instead of plucked from a chamber of bouncing balls. If you’re a newbie in the world of online casinos, slots are a great way to get a feel for betting and maybe, if you’re lucky, give you a shot at some of the highest payouts available on the site or app.
This is what we’ve all come to know and love about casinos– well-dressed gamblers sitting at felt-topped tables. The online gambling experience is doing a great job of mimicking that experience, and PointsBet is expected to offer a good variety of table games. We’ve seen all your casino favorites offered by online casinos, including blackjack, baccarat, roulette, craps, and more. Additionally, some table games benefit from a modern, exciting addition to online casinos: live dealer games.
Until VR technology figures out full immersion, an online casino is never quite going to feel like the real thing. Live Dealer games are getting us closer to that full casino experience from the comfort of your computer or smart device, offering a livestreamed human dealer calling the shots. Instead of the cards appearing on a digital screen or the pill bouncing from pocket to pocket, a real dealer or croupier with real cards or a real roulette wheel is there guiding the action.
These games are perhaps best suited for stable internet connections or unlimited data, as they are definitely resource-heavy bandwidth eaters, but they’re also a really fun way to get a more full casino experience. Live dealer games are always a good addition to an online casino when done right, and we hope to see PointsBet casino in MI offer a few of these novel, modern features.
With regards to customer care, we can already get a relatively well filled-out idea of what support options will be available by checking out the PointsBet service in other states. Before you dive into customer support options, it’s always a good idea to take a look at the FAQ section offered by a given sportsbook.
PointsBet has a great FAQ section, offering direct, clear suggestions and instructions on everything from betting to depositing. You can search the FAQ section or make your way through the categories to sniff out the appropriate information.
If you’ve got an issue that requires more detailed, hands-on support, there are both email and live chat options available. The former, email, is best suited for detailed account concerns or troubleshooting issues, whereas live chat options are good when you need a quick answer to a less-than-major concern. The absence of a phone line for support isn’t the most troublesome, since you can still access live chat options 24/7.
PointsBet Expanding Across US
December of 2019 saw the legalization of both sports betting and online casinos in the Great Lake State, but the rules weren’t finalized until the following winter. In late 2020, the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) submitted and finalized the rules regarding sports and casino betting online. Then in January 2021, the MGCB approved 10 online sportsbooks and casino providers to go live. During the process, an independent body tested operators to ensure their products meet the state’s technical requirements. PointsBet has passed.
Michigan’s regulated online betting framework took a circuitous path from 2018, when the legislature passed a bill that outgoing Governor Rick Snyder vetoed at the end of his term. But lawmakers pressed forward in the next session in 2019 and legalized both sports wagering and online casinos during the 2019 session, which Governor Gretchen Whitmer later approved, making it law, allowing the MGCB to begin the rule-making process.
We’re already seeing that PointsBet has established itself in Michigan, having reached an early 2020 agreement with the LVD, the business arm of the Lac Vieux Desert Band of the Chippewa Tribe. This sovereign tribe has offered casino gaming in Michigan since its inception, so they’re a natural partner for PointsBet as they move into the Michigan market.
In the summer of 2020, PointsBet signed a sponsorship deal with the Detroit Tigers to be their Authorized Gaming Operator, further cementing the PointsBet platform as a reality for Michigan residents and visitors of legal gambling age. As a matter of fact, PointsBet is making for itself quite a few new bedfellows, partnering with sports franchises and leagues all over the rapidly expanding US legal betting market. PointsBet is likely to become a well-known player in the sports betting industry by the opening months of 2021.
Additional Features of PointsBet Casino
This is an interesting take on the PointsBet service, as they’re primarily known for their sports betting services, yet here we’ve focused on the coming casino. PointsBetting is a unique form of sports betting offered by this innovative operator, wherein your accuracy can lead to higher payouts. The closer you are to hitting the mark or surpassing your threshold, the better your payout.
For example, if you’re betting on total match points to be over 200, and that total hits 201, you’ll get a payout of a certain amount based on your initial wager. However, if that total hits 220, or 240, and so on, your payout will be even higher. In this way, PoinstBetting is a unique system that adjusts payouts (and therefore, odds) based on how accurate your bet turns out to be. We’ll have more information for you as the situation develops in Michigan and beyond.